I went to Suny-Binghamton. It now calls itself Binghamton University. Because Binghamton University sounds like poor kids don’t go to it. Whereas Suny anything sound slike a ragtag mix of kids from Queens and Fredonia and keggers and…
When we were in acting classes we were often told how we were going to have a lot of adversity AND that are school wasn’t going to open doors. But I look at all the people I know who went to grad schools or undergrads at fancier schools and, well i have some pride…
My graduating class:
– Off Broadway stalwart/actor (Matt Dellapina)
– one respected playwright and television writer (Zakiyyah Alexander)
– one acquisitions exec at Disney (J. Kaminsky)
– one tv writer/producer playwright (Matt Moses)
– one famous personal trainer (Working Out With Al’s Al Kavadlo)
– one famous pop singer (Ingrid Michaelson- watch her new tv show with kids)
There’s also Greg Samothrakis- one of the best musicians/lunatics I know who did the music for the movie I made this Summer. He’ll probably end up being some weird recluse Harvey Darger type famous person.
So to the state school kids. We did all right. Congrats.
And Binghamton University. I’m not donating money to you.